OUTCOMES FOR LEARNERS
DELIVER TRUSTED FRAMEWORKS
You'll be trained in a hybrid model blending the best of gold standard coaching standards with missional frameworks.
GROW YOUR COACHING SERVICES
You'll get live feedback on your actual coaching so that you can improve your impulses and grow as a coach.
HELP Planters START HEALTHIER CHURCHES
By integrating a coaching dashboard and missional theology, you'll know when to listen and provide just-in-time input.
GET EXPERT CONTENT
Each part of the Church Planting Professional Certificate has been designed by ICF certified coaches to produce positive outcomes. Below are each of the courses that compose the certificate content as well as the learning outcomes associated with each.
FOUNDATIONS OF COACHING
1. Recognize how the format of this Certificate is a response to the urgent need for effectively coaching missional planters.
2. Establish the biblical and theological foundations for coaching church planters.
3. Participate effectively in triads as a peer coaching model as well as actively coach a current church planter and reflect upon those coaching sessions.
4. Create or update an intake process and coaching agreement that establish a solid relational, spiritual, and organizational foundation with the client.
A HYBRID COACHING APPROACH
1. Define what coaching is and identify the primary characteristics of effective coaches
2. Identify the distinctions between coaching and mentoring, and the rationale for a client-centered approach to coaching
3. Review the foundational principles of missional theology and praxis, and apply these learnings to help starters adapt their ecclesiology to their context.
4. Identify the distinctions of the four seasons of church planting, and how to coach planters through each season.
COACHING PLANTERS TOWARDS HEALTH
1. Based on analysis of multiple coaching wheels, develop your own coaching wheel to holistically assess the planter's health.
2. Learn to discern and illuminate risks and opportunities not visible to the planter.
3. Recognize how and when to ask powerful questions to stimulate growth and positive change, and develop your own set of powerful questions.
COACHING FOR HEALTHY TEAMS
1. Equip starters to grow the leadership team and develop their unique mix of gifts for ministry.
2. Guide planters in helping their team discern vision, set goals, and define healthy metrics.
3. Empower planters to handle inevitable team conflicts and avoid common pitfalls.
4. Identify the unique dynamics of coaching co-planters or entire church planting teams.
COACHING ACROSS CONTEXTS
1. Recognize how my own context, gender, and racial/ethnic background impacts my self-understanding and my coaching.
2. Demonstrate the ability to adjust my coaching to promote diversity for the sake of mission and witness.
3. Articulate the dynamics involved in coaching planters of color versus white planters, including how to help planters engage racial justice and equity issues.
4. Recognize the trappings of colonizing theologies and explore ways to help planters both appreciate indigenous perspectives and also decolonize their theologies and ecclesial culture, including gentrification.
IMPROVING YOUR COACHING OVER TIME
1. Build habits of self-reflection and create strong feedback loops to undergird the coach for lifelong learning and excellence.
2. Forge the connection between the coach’s own formation and the healthy formation of planters.
3. Analyze and discuss case studies of “live” recorded coaching segments.
4. Fine tune your coaching dashboard and your plan to improve as a coach over time.
COACHING CERTIFICATE FINAL PROJECT
In this final course you will synthesize the prior six courses into a cohesive coaching plan:
- Your Coaching Portfolio
- Your Coaching Dashboard
- Your 15 Powerful Questions
- Your Plan to Coach Teams
- Your Coaching Philosophy
- A Synthesis of Your Coaching Feedback
Upon Completion of All Material
Upon completing all work and the final project, learners will receive a digital and physical copy of their well-deserved professional church planter coaching certificate from Fuller Seminary.
This certificate acknowledges that the certificate holder possesses the formation, training, experience and preparation to coach a missional church planter anywhere in the world.
6 Courses on Fuller Equip
Professional Church Planter Coaching Certificate
Written feedback from Fuller
Monthly cohort gatherings for 8 months